Carol S. Mann
- A Writers’ Critique Group at Last
- Writing, a Party, GE, and Samsung
- The Personal Essay
- A Writer’s Search for Story Titles
- Our Book Marketing Continues
- Building a Short Story Collection – The Saga Continues
- The thrill of buying tires?
- Thoughts while reading a rejection …
- Summer in the Desert
- Have you had your hug today?
Bits and Pieces
From Plutarch: Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks.
Tag Archives: creativity
Out of curiosity, I’ve been trying to understand my writing process, particularly for the short story. I seem to do one of two things. Either I jot down a brief outline or list and start writing or I just start … Continue reading
I don’t know about you, but I’ve always liked learning, going to school, and education in general. Well, let me qualify the school part. I’ve always liked going to school … except for 7th and 8th grades. You know, puberty … Continue reading
As writers, we’re works in progress, always writing as much as we can. Books about writing fill our book shelves. We’re also always reading as much as we can. Novels and anthologies crowd those same book shelves. We’re always learning, … Continue reading
Those moments in time when we feel a sense of renewal or the nudge or surge of inspiration are precious. It’s a time when the lenses through which we view life may clear. It’s a time when we feel inspired … Continue reading